Saturday 26 April 2008

Very distressed...

OK, so it's an old one, but it's distressed!! lol.. Even the triple embossed stamped rose is crackled! Linked to this week's Daring Card Makers challenge.


This was an experiment.. The background was sponged, and I used the edge of the inkpad to make some of the lines, and drew others with a pen and ruler. There's some doodling in there, and of course the roses are stamped and then I used a water brush to drag the ink around to colour them. The focal panel is triple embossed and allowed to cool, then crackled by bending it until it cracks. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.
Stamps used on this card:
Large Rose stamp ~ Stamps Happen Inc. ~ #80271 English Rose
On the tag:
Small rose stamp ~ Rubber Stampede ~ A1566E Romantic Rose Small Bouquet
Script stamp ~ A Stamp In The Hand ~ Q1771 Background
Teapot stamp ~ From Tim Coffey’s ‘Daisy Delight’ set for K&Co.

6 comments:

Anice said...

Beautiful blue colour, lovely card.
Anice xx

Kathy H said...

Gosh I love the blues in that card. And by the way, I have you down in my Pay It Forward. Please send me your address and I'll send it out next week. Thanks for playing, Kathy H...

jellychick@yahoo.com

Sandy said...

Wow this is totally awesome. Fabulous card.

Unknown said...

Love the China Blue, very 'resting' colours!
X Maj X

Kath Stewart said...

Wow Heather
This is gorgeous - love the colour

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card, I love the colours you've used!
Clairexx