Sunday 4 October 2009

Down By The Sea..

This was inspired by a DCM (Daring Card Makers) Challenge, but - as is often the case with only having limited time outside of work hours - I rarely get chance to complete a challenge on time! lol ~ Oh well. Still waiting to come up on the lottery! ;o)

I love all things nautical, so couldn't let this one slip by, and this is one of my favourite stamps, too, but rarely have the opportunity to use it.


Stamp by Stampland Chicago (great site.. loads of fantastic stamps! Go HERE to see for yourself).. plus Doodlebug rub-on lettering, Sizzix seahorse and part of a Sizzix scrolly border-type thing! And various embellishments and glamour dust.

This was one of those cards I started and hated for most of the time I was making it and almost scrapped it, but kept adding bits, and now I love it! I think the white dotty doodling was a mistake, though. Anyway, my lovelies.. hope you like it, too.

6 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Chris

Awesome image, you can almost hear the waves. And I rather like the dots, sort of sea foam feel.

Know what you mean about liking and not liking as you go through the cardmaking process. Set my mind on Christmas cards today, bad idea, the bins full and no further forward so decided on blogging instead !

B x

Unknown said...

Lovely card with nice details.
bye bye,Lean.

Anonymous said...

one of my many fave stamps...youve reminded me to use it again after seeing this little beauty.

Vicky said...

This is fab Chris, love that stamp and all the embellies you've added, glad you didn't scrap it! Thanks for the link. :)x

Rosette said...

Wow.. what a spectacular design :) Love ALL THAT YOU DID IN THIS CARD!! Gorgeous!!

Dawn said...

Hiya
wow this is gorgeous - love that stamp - I used to visit Stampscape but had to stop as I always left with my head swimming and so many techniques there too!

The seahorse is gorjusss!!

Hugs
Dawn
x