Sue Daly from across t'other side of 'the Pond' was kind enough to bestow upon me my first award since I started blogging again a little while ago.
They were difficult to keep up with before, and I have to admit I couldn't keep up and took the easy option of inviting visiting bloggers to snaffle the awards if they fancied them, but y'know what? I feel a little extra frisson of excitement that someone has been generous enough to recognise my blog. It has reminded me what it is all about. So.. THANK YOU, Sue!! I will give this the attention it deserves! :o)
I have visited Sue's blog, which is new in Blogland in its current iteration, but already has some lovely designs on it. I greatly look forward to seeing more. To check Sue's work for yourself, have a little clickee HERE.
The conditions of this award are:
I must thank the person who gave me the award, list their blog and link to it... CHECK
I must list ten (10) honest things about myself... CHECK
I must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog... CHECK
I must select at least seven (7) other worthy bloggers & list their links... CHECK
I must notify the bloggers of the award... CHECK
10 Honest Things About Me ……. Boy, this is going to be tough!
1. I was born in Germany, but I am British, und speche nür ein Bißchen Deutsch! Nicht genug, und ich möchte gern mehr kennen lernen. (I hope that is correct hoch Deutsch! If there are any fluent German-speakers reading this, please leave me a critique!)
2. I have no degree (yet). I am in my fifties now, but would still love to pursue my love of the English language, and gain some credibility when I say, "THAT needs an apostrophe," lol! (Do you get the feeling I'm an art and languages gal? Yep.. can't add two and two, but I can conjugate with the best of 'em!! Hehe!)
Why haven't I done it yet? Well, in my defence, it was nowhere near such a big thing here as it was in the US, especially when I left school, and I thought all I wanted was to be a SAHM, so why bother? When I did start a career, it took off by itself anyway, and I was very successful without the qualifications, but would still love to fill that gap one day.
3. These are in no particular order, by the way, as this one should come first, by rights... I am a Christian. On the ladder of Christians, I must be at the bottom, as I mess up all the time, and am more human than Holy Spirit, but thank goodness for Jesus, because I couldn't make it without Him anyway! I have been a Christian for 17 years, but still very much a work in progress!! A 'practicing' Christian, you might say! lol ~ But contrary to 'the world' who expect such high things from Christians ~ my view is that a Christian is not defined by their behaviour, but by their belief.
4. I wish that everyone would be fair and honest. (I stole that directly from Sue, but it was such a good one, I adopted it for my list, too!)
5. I used to be quite sporty, and hope one day to lose enough weight to be able to get back out on the water/ice rink/tennis court!
6. I am VERY happily single! I went through a sudden switch when I went through a brief and sudden menopause brought on early by chemotherapy in 2002. Prior to that, I was desperately yearning for a fella for years! But for some reason.. can only assume it was a drop in hormones.. that desire went away, and what a relief! Men are lovely, but I couldn't eat a whole one. At least, not any more. Nope, my cat gives me all the affection I need nowadays. (Or am I kidding myself? What do you think, girls?) ;o)
7. Thanks to my dad's career, and my trekking as an adult, I have been blessed to travel quite widely, but my favourite place in the world is across a border, but right here in the UK... the Isle of Mull. The scenery is stunning, and it is still relatively unspoilt, which is lovely, and it has a very special atmosphere. If I ever win the lottery, that's where I would want to see out my days. "My heart is in the highlands, my heart is not here... My heart is in the highlands, a-chasing the deer" - Robert Burns
8. Running out of things to tell you... hmmm... *thinks*.. Love crafting.. (y'think? lol!).. Would love to make a business out of it full-time, but have tried and never been able to make it profitable enough to pay the mortgage! Ach, well. (sigh)
9. I get impatient with people who seem to be constantly whining and negative. I know! I shouldn't get impatient, but I do.. what can I tell ya?! One of the rough edges I am working on! lol ;o) Everybody complains once in a while, but you know those people who are just permanently pessimistic? Actually, it's people who annoy me that I pray for the most, so maybe there's a reason for it! lol
10. I have way too much craft stuff. Another one stolen from Sue. Ditto, girlfriend!!
I would like to pass this award on to:
6. Terrie B
Phew! Flippin' 'eck! That was quite a marathon! Hope you lasted through!
And if you did.. Thank you for your interest! :o)