This is my DT card for the Basic Grey Challenge blog, Challenge No. 3: Distressing. It was great to see your ATCs last week, and very gratifying that it was the first time some of you had made an ATC, so that was cool!
We would like to see you using distressing techniques on your creations this week! :o)
Distressing techniques used:
- Distressing the edges by dragging them through the blades of my scissors
- Inking the edges
- Embossed the background paper with the distressed Harelquin-style folder from Cuttlebug (can't remember what they call it.. diamonds, I think)
- Stamped a rough shadow panel on the patterned paper with dark brown Chalk Eyes ink
- Used 'Field of Sky' stamp to apply some aging 'dots' around the edge of the DP panel
- I used Timber Brown StazOn ink to 'age' the metal embellishments
- Instead of brads, I used old office paper fasteners, which I salvaged from my dad's office when he passed away.